We are looking for a Proposal Manager to lead and manage the cross-functional proposal process end to end, from developing strategic messaging through writing and editing, to submission and ultimately selection. This role will collaborate directly with the sales and product teams to propose the best solution for the end-customer.
The Proposal Manager will possess excellent writing skills and ideally has past experience with proposal work. We are looking for someone who is able to research and understand our product/services and client requirements, then translate that understanding into concise, clear, and compelling content.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, BasicGov is the emerging industry leader in cloud-based permitting and licensing technology for the government. Our mission is to empower governments to efficiently serve, and we are passionate about improving lives for our citizens in today’s ever-changing regulatory environment.
In 2019, we won the largest permitting and licensing contract in North America, and raised investment to drive our next stage of growth. In 2020 and beyond, we are accelerating across North America with our industry-leading technology that harnesses the power of the Salesforce platform. Having been recently recognized as one of the top 10 government technology companies globally, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to positively impact the lives of millions of citizens.
We believe our most exciting chapter is just beginning, and we are looking for talent that wants to make an impact. If you’re looking to make an impact in a fast-paced work environment with a team that embodies passion, collaboration, and growth, we encourage you to speak with us about modernizing the way the world thinks about permitting and licensing.
- Manage the end-to-end process for preparing and delivering proposals in response to customer requests and in complete compliance with specific government procurement requirements.
- Prepare formal, detailed, and comprehensive proposals for multiple state and local governmental agencies.
- Search relevant bid aggregator sites for potential opportunities.
- Draft, edit, and finalize proposals for submission to clients; manages production and delivery throughout the entire proposal process.
- Conduct market research and work with subject-matter experts to gather content for proposal responses
- Maintain proposal content database i.e. sourcing and uploading case studies, standard templates, and other related materials
- 5+ years of proposal writing experience (or similar) including direct experience with EOI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s as well as other forms of tender documents
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Business, English, Communications, Journalism or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of local/state government business processes in permitting, planning, and enforcement activities, preferred
- Ability to manage multiple proposals in a fast-paced environment and deal with changing priorities
- Ability to critically analyze written content against requirements to create compliant and responsive proposals
- Ability to turn conversations with subject-matter experts into client-focused content
- Clear and professional communication within all levels of an organization
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Loopio, Google Suite, and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Ability to interact and build relationships with management and staff at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage people and information to create best-in-class documents under pressure: demonstrated ability to quickly change tasks as demands change
- Excellent English business professional writing skills, ability to communicate effectively and persuasively